Today's email took me 4h to make. It is jacked with insane value!
Are you ready to get your mind blown away?
Here is what we're going to cover:
- 1) Weekly reset summary
- 2) Cohort highlights from week 2
- 3) Why I lost a coaching client
- 4) Best educational business model - Build it like a HARVARD brand
- 5) June's cohort expectation
- 6) Help me become a world citizen
First things first!
Here's an update on what I've done for the week.
1) Weekly Reset Summary
- 2h+ bike hike
- 50,000+ steps
- 100 pushups
- 40min run
- 1 podcast recorded for the misfits w/ @jordandivecha
- 1 client lost
- 2 clients happy
- 1 lead call
- 3 - 5 videos made
- Slowly back to momentum with content creation
~ P.S. check my Instagram for more lifestyle updates ~
Why I'm I sharing this journey with you?
One word: Documentation.
I want you to grow with me so that we can both look back at these moments together and see how far we've grown.
Let's get back to business.
2) Highlights from week two of the personal branding cohort
~ Testimonial of the week ~
- How to overcome the feeling of "I'm not good enough"?
1) Find where it's coming from, what's the roots of it?
Usually it's a deep rooted trauma from a childhood experience.
When you find out where it's coming from, the next time you feel this way, you'll be consciously aware about this toxic pattern and you might not end up falling for that trap again!
2) Define what "good enough" is before you take action.
Enough is spending 2h on X
Enough is making 7 pages about topic X
Enough is doing 20 reach outs a day
3) Reframe a negative association to a positive association
From "I'm not good enough" -> to "I'm doing the best I can" -> to "I am good, and that's enough".
- Don't quit in the DIP (Seth Godin)
Don't quit when moments are tough,
That's what average people do,
Average people quit early,
Don't be average,
Go through the dip until you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- If a good opportunity presents itself and you have the skills and passion for it, make an offer on the fly that can lead to your main offer
- Don't just solve your clients' problems, solve the next problems that they'll more likely to face. And don't stop there! Problem solving is one thing, showing them better opportunities is a whole other thing. That's how you become a trusted expert and you retain clients over time
- Limit the number of clients you work with per year so that you can generate more demand and less supply which creates a sense of urgency and brand
- Before you fire a difficult client, give them a F*CK YOU price. Most likely then not they'll be more than happy to pay for it, you then realize you've been under charging yourself from the beginning
- Focus on money-making activities
- Reframe your titles & hooks in your content to be money-related
- Partner with others in your niche who are in direct contact with your potential customer
- Use polls, surveys, and scorecards
- Conversations over content
- Simple scales, Fancy fails - include call to actions that leads to your offer
Let's not make this email crazy long,
I made this short video to tell you the story behind losing a coaching client.
3) Why did I lost a coaching client?
BEST educational business model - Build it like a HARVARD Brand 🏫
I was watching this video from Alex Hormozi on Harvard's brand reputation and here's what I learned:
Harvard qualifies and turns people down — only letting a selected few join their educational system
Redefine a qualified lead to be someone who has the highest likelihood of success with your program/service
- It’s more important to know who you’re not for than to know who you are for.
- Redefine a qualified lead to be someone who has the highest likelihood of success with your program/service
- Harvard does not give income expectations they give the endorsement of their brand
Harvard does not graduate everyone
- Instead of certifications, if someone fails because they didn’t have the skills, Harvard will not graduate them therefore it’s not Harvard’s brand that is the problem but the student’s brand.
Harvard does not give testimonials of students based on how much income they make, they give DATA on the experience, network, relationships, character development, and jobs based on the customer’s success metrics over a period of time
- What’s the average success duration of the thing that you educate them on?
- What’s the average success duration of the thing that you educate them on?
Harvard does not give promises
- “You might maybe graduate from Harvard” yet people pay $XXX
- Those people will do what Harvard people do (take action) which makes them get their dream job which makes them talk good about Harvard
- Harvard is not an overnight success — it takes 4 years to graduate and achieve success
- $$$ formula: Big demand + Low supply = Prices high
June's Cohort Expectation 🏴
With full transparency!
I want to make Brand Orchestrate one of the best educational business models on the planet.
-> Using an iterative brand mastery process <-
Step 1 - Find, learn, and copy the GREATS
Step 2 - Innovate and become the ONLY (not just the best) - Present
Step 3 - Obsess to create MASTERY
Step 4 - SUSTAIN the test of TIME (recession(s') proof) - Future
Step 5 - LEGACY, be GENERATIONAL - leave my SIGNATURE - Past
Based on Harvard's educational business model, here are the new updates (20th May) to the upcoming cohort:
A) New cohort name:
The Hunger Game 🐦 of personal branding ®️
- What: Personal-brand-building cohort (PBBC)
- Style: Coaching mastermind
- CTA(s): Join the Hunger Games, Join The Games, Become a Professional Player
- Premise: Orchestrate a world-class personal brand
B) More demand, few supply (qualification system):
1. I created a waitlist so that I can qualify who's a good fit for the cohort and will only take 10 people at a time so that there's endless demand.
2. I will focus on WHO'S THIS IS NOT FOR more than who is it for.
I don’t want to work with people who (are):
- Don't have their best interest or mine at heart
- Don't know, like, trust, and respect me or the value that I provide to the table (beforehand!)
- Not Aligned with my values & expectations from day one
- Patronizing, bossy, and unapologetic for their bad behavior
- Take things personally
Highly sensitive & emotional and don’t know how to keep their personal issues at home and bring that pressure to the business
- Don’t know how to manage and regulate their emotions & stress levels
- Make decisions based on feelings rather than logic when it’s a critical situation in the business
- Overly saturated
- Cheap and can’t afford me
- Feminists (against man leaders)
Not at my same level of energy, drive, and momentum — Action-taking & fast execution is one of my work values
- Isn't thinking in the same time horizon as I do (long-term win vs short-term gain)
- Not respectful of my time or theirs
- Not willing to put themselves out there
3. I will not necessarily promise a "money" related outcome although that would be a consequence of them building a strong personal brand.
C) Brand experience that creates integrity & legitimacy:
Instead of giving a "certification of completion" at the end of each cohort which indeed build the brand endorsement. But doesn't necessarily guarantee that every client will be happy, gives a positive review, or achieve a desired outcome.
I want to graduate them instead.
But wait: "You're not a well-known school / organization !"
I'm a creative misfit and I let my imagination run wild on this one,
And I came up with this cool idea that might just work (or not).
I'm going to lean into the hunger games experience and create a series of game(s) (exercises / challenges / projects) to play with.
The overachievers who play the game(s) and succeed in it will be the one highlighted as "professional players" who have successfully orchestrated their personal brands.
Those who play the game and fail will have the Dopamine rush to TRY AGAIN, until they actually finish the game.
-> The winners will get the brand endorsement.
-> The losers will not have any recognition but they'll have the option to play again.
I might be biased but why is this such a great idea?
1. It GAMIFIES THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE.
Therefore people would have more incentives to actually do the homeworks therefore achieve their desired outcomes therefore speak good about the brand.
2. It keeps the integrity of the brand high & the legitimacy of the brand untouched
Like Alex Hormozi said:
D) Last week (11th May) update:
1. A more streamlined approach when it comes to the curriculum ✅
2. No money-back guarantees ✅
3. New price at $1500 ✅
Join the Hunger Game of Personal Branding - Cohort Edition 🐦
The cohort experience (beta) will look something like this:
Casting → Game(s) → Championship → Playoffs → Qualification → Ceremony
If you apply to the cohort TODAY,
We will give you a $300 credit that will be subtracted from the official price of the cohort.
If you have purchased one of our previous masterclasses, workshops, or community memberships. You'll also get whatever you paid as a credit to this cohort.
|Apply to June's Cohort 🏴|
Next cohort starts on the 14th of June,
This is a first come, first served - policy.
~ (You know the drill) ~
Help me Become a World Citizen 🌍
Hi 🤟 my name is Amine, I am a nation without a home.
I am a professional misfit with a crazy goal of traveling to 100 countries all over the world while teaching and building my community, one misfit at a time.
For now, I have limited resources... And I can't just backpack and go. But maybe you can inspire me to change my perspective, and visit your city, at least digitally.
Digitally? Yes! You heard it well!
It costs you $0 and some good will to take a photo of my Instagram account in an iconic place that represents your city well -- Simply share that picture with me with a small story on why you think I should visit that exact spot in the world.
I'll post it on my social media accounts, one country at a time until I finish visiting 100 countries and become a digital world citizen 🌍
Here's an example:
Right now, we are over 2,300+ people on this newsletter only.
So let's make this misfit's dream come true!
I believe I can do it,
And I need you to believe in me too.
Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed and get value from this email,
Share what you learned with a friend, it costs nothing to do.
Let's together, fit every misfit and build a world, where every voice is heard.
Need help? ☎️ Book a call with me
Personal branding for professional leaders looking to transition from best-kept secrets to no longer having to introduce themselves.
Let's do more together:
- Need a sounding board? Book a 60 min personal brand coaching call 📞 with Amine or join the 12-week coaching program. Reply for details.
- Want to join a community of professional misfits?
A home for professional misfits to orchestrate their personal brands and commit to becoming profitably visible on social media.
- Want to book Amine Hammou for public speaking? Amine works at the intersection of community building, personal branding, and leadership.
- Sponsor this newsletter. Get yourself in front of 2300+ insanely smart group of creatives professionals & marketers. Email me if you're interested.